Simon X’s Space Station is a side-scrolling runner. The player presses buttons that correspond to the in-game colored objects to ensure the character’s survival. Alternate routes can offer players more of a challenge.
I was the group’s main programmer and assisted in designing the layouts of each level. I was also responsible for implementing the team’s assets into the game.
- Character movement rig and a camera follow system.
- Programmed key interactive puzzles that allow players to match the colors according to the correct number key.
- Scripted in-game animations such as platform movements, laser beam triggers, and multi-button use interactions for a more diverse and intense player experience.
- Simple UI displaying level awareness, game overs, and text tutorials for player guidance.
- Scripted an audio manager that holds individual sound effects and music for efficient and smoother game play.
- Collaborated with drawing and setting up each individual level layout to be played on.
- Discussed and implemented trap systems that vary from level to level upon difficulty advancement.
Eduardo Robert – 3D Modeler and Emission FX Artist
Hannah Martinez – 3D Modeler and Environmental Artist
Jason Hur – Music Composer